Data Warehousing Engineer
Saggezza is searching for a Data Warehousing Engineer to join our team in Detroit, MI or Chicago, IL (with frequent travel to the Detroit region). The Data Warehousing Engineer is knowledgeable about the data warehousing, business intelligence and analytics required to support the planning, operations, and strategy needs of the client business. This role is the expert in translating the objectives and requirements into robust Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence solutions that are scalable and address current needs while remaining flexible and extensible to adapt to future needs and requirements. This role will also support data stewardship initiatives intended to make the organization a data-informed institution by establishing the framework for data quality and reliability to support decision-making.
This role will act as a consultant to colleagues in IT and other departments regarding data integration and data quality between various cloud and on premise systems and solutions.
The Data Warehousing Engineer will work closely with the BI Reporting team and the client liason in all aspects of delivering a robust the data warehouse systems. The engineer will be responsible for the technical design, development and maintenance of the data warehouse, ETL processes, SQLServer and SSAS databases, and reporting and analytic applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, create, coordinate, and deploy data warehouse and business intelligence solutions.
- Follow best practices for data creating and managing the data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) framework.
- Develop data architecture, data modeling, and ETL mapping solutions.
- Understand, recommend and support robust reporting and analytic architectures.
- Develop unique, simple solutions to meet the immediate and long-term needs of information customers and stakeholders.
- Design and build Data Warehouse structures (databases and SSAS cubes).
- Support the development and validation required throughout the entire lifecycle of the data warehousing and business intelligence systems.
- Maintain user connectivity, and provide adequate security for data warehouse.
- Monitor the data warehouse and business intelligence system performance and integrity, and provide corrective and preventative maintenance as required.
- Support the data warehouse technical ecosystem, including Power BI for the delivery of reporting and analytic applications.
- Additional tasks and duties are assigned.
- Five or more years of experience as a Data Warehouse architect and ETL developer.
- Five or more years of experience with the Microsoft Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence stack (SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, PowerPivot, Power BI).
- Five or more years of experience with data analysis and data profiling using SQL and other tools.
- At least three years of data modeling experience, and knowledge of 3NF, Star-Schema and other data warehousing modeling techniques.
- Ability to communicate information clearly, concisely, and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Experience with BI reporting tools
- Comfortable working in a collaborative, team-centric environment.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and changes in priority
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of people with varying technical skill sets and business knowledge.
- Experience in complex, cross-departmental projects involving multiple platforms.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics, or Management Information Systems.
- Masters Degree a plus