Lead Java Developer
£60,000-£110,000 + 10% bonus
The Role & Your Impact
Saggezza is seeking a qualified and passionate individual to join us as a Lead Java Developer based on client-site in London. Successful candidates will be leading a talented and motivated team, working on a variety of business-critical and technologically advanced projects within a highly-visible investment banking client.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and strengthen new and existing client relationships
- Manage client expectations and lead project delivery
- Manage and Develop teams of Saggezza developers
- Partner effectively with client project teams
- Design and Develop custom and complex solutions using Java frameworks
- Manage the project software delivery lifecycle
The role will be based in London but a willingness to travel to client sites as needed is essential.
Education, Experience and Personal Attributes
Essential Education & Experience:
- 8+ years of Java development experience
- 8+ years of service oriented architecture development
- Experience managing and overseeing service delivery
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Strong understanding of DB technologies and SQL
- Financial Services and/or Software Consulting experience.
- Skilled in interpreting and applying technical data.
- A high technical aptitude and strong attention to detail
Desirable Education & Experience:
- Experience with messaging technologies
- Understanding of CI/CD principles
- Knowledge of DevOps tools, e.g. Jenkins, Sonar
- Experience with multiple database technologies (RDBMS or NoSQL)
- Knowledge of Web UI technologies (including Angular/JQuery)
- Experience of working in client-facing environments
Essential Personal Attributes:
- Strong client service orientation
- Proactive, self-motivated and flexible with an entrepreneurial and ‘can do’ attitude
- Proven ability to think logically and use technology-related knowledge to problem solve effectively and deliver results on time
- Independent thinker, willing to engage, challenge or learn
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with subject matter experts to extract critical business concepts
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills with the ability to understand people, build strong stakeholder relationships and foster cross group collaboration
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Highly dependable with a strong work ethic
- Individual contributor, who is self-motivated and effective working independently as well as part of a team
Saggezza is a technology services company. We design and deliver innovative technology solutions for ambitious organisations looking to gain a competitive edge in their market. Our mission is to deliver transformational change for our customers, helping them leverage the social and technology revolution that changes the way we do business.
Our dynamic and rapidly expanding operations in North America, Europe and India form a 500-strong global team. Our people are innovative and entrepreneurial and we're looking for like-minded individuals with excellent education and experience to join us.
Joining the Saggezza family means global opportunities for career advancement within an agile organisation with a collaborative culture and fast-paced, delivery focussed work environment. Our employees share a commitment to customer success, excellence and a passion for emerging technologies.
How to apply:
To apply please visit our careers site at saggezzacareers.com
Get in touch:
If you have any questions about Saggezza, our roles, or the application process we would love to hear from you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.