IT Development Manager, Leeds - £50,000-£65,000 (Depending Upon Experience) + Bonus
Saggezza is seeking an IT Development Manager to lead internal and/or client teams of developers across a range of technology stacks and applications on a consulting basis.
Our clients are often not software development specialists and may have a range of challenges brought about by company acquisitions and consequent merging of teams, high turnover of staff, lack of leadership and lack of investment. Saggezza specializes in helping these clients to build a world class software development capability based on the latest best practices and technologies. We are seeking an ambitious, highly proactive, collaborative leader to join our growing team.
The successful candidate for this role will have 8+ years' experience and will have experience leading software development teams on multiple projects. The candidate will have experience of transforming the way teams carry out development projects and will have strong productive relationships with stakeholders within and outside the development teams.
The role will be based in Leeds; however, a willingness to travel to or be temporarily based at client sites within the UK is essential.
- Providing leadership for teams of software developers
- Implementing best practices in software development to ensure quality and maintainability
- Accountability for all the technical deliverables of the software development teams
- Interface with stakeholders at all levels - from board room to shop floor
- Manage reviews of software under development and ensure client satisfaction
Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes:
Essential Education & Experience:
- 8+ years of experience
- 5+ years of experience in a lead role within a software development team delivering multiple releases across multiple projects
- Experience implementing best practices in software development
- Experience with mainstream development technologies like .net and Java
- Experience with TDD/SOLID desirable
- Experience working in a consulting / professional services environment (Advantageous)
- Experience with CCM / document composition tools like GMC and Exstream - (Advantageous)
Essential Personal Attributes:
- Strong customer-service orientation
- A logical approach to problem solving/analytical skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and flexible with an entrepreneurial attitude that can thrive in a growing organisation
- Proven ability to learn quickly and apply technology-related knowledge to make connections and solve problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills with the ability to understand people and build strong stakeholder relationships
- Ability to prioritize, execute tasks, and deliver results on time
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and collaborative environment
- Highly dependable with a strong work ethic
About the Company:
Saggezza is a technology services company. We design and deliver innovative technology solutions for ambitious organisations looking to gain a competitive edge in their market. Our mission is to deliver transformational change for our customers, helping them leverage the social and technology revolution that changes the way we do business.
Our dynamic and rapidly expanding UK operation is the centre of our European business and forms part of a 500-strong global team. The UK team is dynamic and entrepreneurial and we're looking for like-minded individuals with excellent education and experience to join us.
Joining the Saggezza family means global opportunities for career advancement with an agile organisation with a collaborative culture and fast-paced, delivery focused work environment. Our employees share a commitment to teamwork, integrity, innovation and a passion for emerging technologies.
How to apply:
To apply please visit our careers site at http://www.saggezza.com/careers
Get in touch:
If you have any questions about Saggezza, our roles, or the application process we would love to hear from you. Please contact Dan Westgarth via email at email@example.com