Saggezza is a global software services firm, specializing in software enabled technology solutions to tackle complex business issues and improve business performance.
With more than 550 professional based in 6 locations across North America, Europe and Asia, our firm excels in creating revolutionary software solutions and demonstrating business impact.
Saggezza is seeking to expand its team of software centric Solution Architects. We bring a structured and disciplined approach for our clients to create and capture value from leveraging their IT systems. We are targeting rapid growth in the next three to four year window. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and leadership skills development.
We are seeking individuals that can lead and deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design and implement creative software enabled technology solutions. The Technical Architect will strategically design, develop, and implement architectural blueprints and roadmaps for enterprise-level applications and systems and drive the delivery of those systems. These models shall be architected using techniques borrowed from Zachman and/or TOGAF methodologies, but minimally will cover conceptual and logical views for business, application, data models and layers. The right candidate will be a thought leader, reliable mentor and sought-after advisor.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- 7-10+ years of professional consulting or relevant industry experience in some combination of enterprise architecture, systems integration, package implementation, and custom application development for clients
- Software delivery, specifically software design and development experience on JEE based Portal, SOA, BPM and Mobile technologies
- At least 3+ of providing technical architecture, leadership and insight to development teams in multiple project settings
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills; exceptional interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills
- Ability to provide vision and leadership to a diverse organization and skill sets
- Excellent self-learner with high aptitude to acquire and master new technology skills and able to mentor and develop technical experts and leaders
- Highly effective time management and organizational skills; self directing with assignments
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong customer service and solutions orientation
- Ability to elicit, evaluate and critique functional and technical requirements and design
- Significant experience in selecting products meeting business requirements and designing the technical and application architecture for large enterprise applications
- Sample desired technology implementation knowledge: Apigee/MuleSoft, IBM WebSphere Suite, Enterprise Service Bus
- Experience with integrating with packaged solutions (Ecommerce, SAP, Salesforce.com) to enterprise portals desired
- Ability to articulate various SDLC methodologies (Agile, Iterative, Waterfall, eXtreme, etc.) and suggest the appropriateness of one for delivery on customer project
- Passionate about becoming and acting as an authoritative expert in Portal, SOA, BPM and Mobile related technologies
- Understand technical infrastructure and recommend solutions consistent with the environment, technical knowledge and skills, resources, availability requirements, etc.
- Experienced estimator comfortable with providing cost and effort estimates with less than ideal information
- Familiar with continuous integration methods and tools; experience establishing continuous integration frameworks desired
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred. Flexibility to travel at least 75% of time.
- Prefer candidates in the Chicago area
- Provide vision and leadership to define the core technologies necessary to meet business needs including: development tools and methodologies, package solutions, systems architecture, security techniques, and emerging technologies.
- Develop proof of concepts, prototypes and overall system designs as needed for pre-sales support and post-sales implementation
- Analyze overall system architecture and design risks and provide mitigation options
- Identify technical project priorities, implementation dependencies, risks and issue; provide solutions/recommendations to mitigate issues/risk and ensure smooth and successful project delivery
- Guide clients in making tactical and strategic system design and delivery decisions
- Assist in defining, managing and putting into effect architectural guidelines, best practices and standards for Portal, SOA, BPM and Mobile solutions and delivery
- Development and promotion of architectural methodologies, including Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) methodologies and best practices.
- Supply cost estimates to project and engagement management, including capital and labor costs
- Support the evolution of the technical organization, including: new hire integration, career path evolution and planning, training and individual development
- Collaborate with project managers and business unit leaders for all projects involving enterprise architecture strategy or advisory services
- Lead and provide technical direction and leadership to team members through consistent, understandable documentation and communication mechanisms while ensuring the success of enterprise-level systems delivery for our customers
- Assess, define and promote governance, stewardship, and frameworks across the organization.
- Liaise with vendors to evaluate and select the products or services that best meet client’s goals.
On applicants located in or near Chicago, IL - please.