On a day-to-day basis, you'll be collaborating with multidisciplinary teams building out interfaces for web sites as well as web applications.
Your primary responsibility will be the implementation of visual elements and their behavior with user interactions, and adhering to the style and guidance of the design and technical teams. You will also be bridging the gap between the visual elements and the server-side infrastructure, taking an active role on both sides, and defining how the application looks and functions.
By joining Saggezza, you’ll have the opportunity to work on many client projects ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500s with teams of highly skilled experts from around the world.
Because the range of projects is diverse, we need a web developer with experience working on a wide variety of projects – building custom UI components, implementing responsive interfaces, or working to improve the responsiveness and performance of our application. You’ll work directly with designers to create new customer-facing features, from idea, through prototype, to release and maintenance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English)
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work independently but also work well within a team environment
- Build reusable, clean code with performance and simplicity in mind
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end services
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas
- Solid understanding of semantic, accessible web markup, including HTML5 and its APIs
- In-depth knowledge of DOM optimization and profiling techniques
- Experience with CSS/Preprocessing (Sass), and familiarity with object-oriented style methodologies (BEM, SMACSS, Atomic CSS, etc.)
- Experience with asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt, Gulp.js, Broccoli, and WebPack
- Excellent understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Willingness to help teammates, share knowledge, and learn in a collaborative environment
- Be open to receiving feedback
- This is a full time position, that will be based primarily in our downtown Chicago office, and may require travel as needed
- Extremely competitive compensation
- Access to a thriving, collaborative community of talented peers
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision; staying healthy is vital to doing a good day’s work
- Your own stapler. [To avoid fires](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd4fj9Efl4s)
- 401k, life and disability insurance
How to apply:
If you’re interested, please include a link to your Github account and any products you’ve worked on recently of which you are particularly proud. We prefer great work over resumes.